- Today2014September 2012
Talent Acquisition Specialist+10,000 employeesPart of the Baker Hughes Talent Acquisition - Centre of Excellence team.
Responsible for the Sub-Saharan Africa geomarkets, I recruit staff within the oilfield service industry across all of Baker Hughes' product lines.
Always seeking new talents experienced in the following fields: Drilling and Evaluation, Completions and Production, Pressure Pumping, Downstream Services and Chemicals, and Reservoir Development.
To discuss opportunities with Baker Hughes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TodaySeptember 2012May 2012
Talent Acquisition SpecialistAl Arrab Contracting CompanyPart of the Talent Acquisition Team, my function included:
Daily contact with Hiring Managers and Division Directors to determine recruitment needs.
Advertise, headhunt, network, source, and shortlist new talents for available roles.
Telephonic and face to face interview with international candidates.
Negotiate salary, employee benefits and expat packages to make final offers.
I handled the staffing requirements of the following projects, in compliance with Saudization:
• Medina International Airport mega-project (4000+ personnel, SAR+ 2 Billion value).
• Jeddah Airport Hangars mega-project (SAR+ 1 Billion value).
• HHR mega-project (High-speed railway line between Mecca, Jeddah and Medina).
• Al Bahah Clinics & Hospitals construction project (Over 400 clinics).
• Also headhunted for Director roles and CEO level positions for our head office in Riyadh.
- TodayMay 20122010
Maritime Oil & Gas Recruitment Consultant - HeadhunterAs a Maritime Oil & Gas Recruitment Consultant, Headhunter and Business Developer, I was:
Searching for new clients and projects, cold calling, negotiating service fees and signing-up agreements with new clients, writing-up job descriptions, preparing advertisements, headhunting, short-listing application forms, interviewing and selecting candidates, and negotiating day rates with candidates.
My niche market consisted of the Offshore Support Vessel industry and the Drilling sector. Both clients and candidates were sourced and operating internationally.
Experience in recruiting crew and operators for the following types of vessels (DP & non-DP):
• Subsea CSV
• Seismic Survey Vessel
• ROVs, Pipe Layer
• Cable Layer
• Crane ship
• Accommodation Barge
• Semi-Sub Barge
• Drill Ship
Director, Project Manager and Fibre Optical TechnicienL.N.S.Managed own business, called L.N.S. (“Lumiere Networking Solutions”), a fibre optical installation services company. As a subcontractor, L.N.S. was involved in large projects for multinational corporations as well as government projects on national key points (International Airport, Parliament, nuclear power station and national roads).
Training & courses completed / knowledge received while working:
Fibre Optic Technician training - Learned how to:
- Terminate using ST connectors.
- Fault-find & test with OTDRs and power-light source meters.
- Splice 50µ & 10µ (Multi-mode & Single-mode), with core-alignment fusion splicers (Ericson & Fujitsu).
Executive Close Protection Officer / V.I.P. protection OfficerB-secureWorked for B-Secure, as a body-guard doing V.I.P. protection as well as surveillance and investigation work.
Anti-Poaching OperatorWorked for Umkhonto, performing anti-poaching operations in private game reserves in Southern Africa. Offered protection and management services to wildlife endangered areas, fighting poaching and trafficking.
• As observer, sniper, and team leader, I planned reconnaissance and patrols in areas of operation.
• As shooting range officer: I trained my own team on the range as well as new recruits.
Training & courses completed:
• Navigation & reconnaissance.
• Tracking & anti-tracking (International certificate).
• Bush Survival.
• Advanced assault-rifle (International certificate: Vektor R4 & LM6, R1).
• Advanced handgun (International certificate: Vektor SP2, Glock 19, HK USP, Desert Eagle).
• Sniper course (Custom .300 Win Mag).
• Tactical marksman course (Vektor R4).
• House clearing.
• Bush anti-insurgency.
• Escape & evasion.
• Equestrian, horse dressage and “clicker” training (US certificate).
• Shooting-range Officer course.
- Lycee Bellevue (France), Saintes
Lycee Bellevue (France)Baccalaureat scientifique, Biologie
Please sign up to view William Vernes's full profile.SIGN UP
Expat in South Africa, pursuing a career in International Talent Acquisition and Headhunting.
Specialized in recruiting within the Upstream Maritime Oil & Gas industry, in the following sectors:
• Deep-water Drilling
• Sub-sea Engineering
• Offshore Support Vessels
• Talent Acquisition
• Technical Recruiting
• Executive Search
• Mega-project staffing
• Passive Candidate Generation
• Contract / Expat benefits Negotiation
• Taleo & SAP
• Africa & Middle-East